Reporting to the Accounting Section Head, the Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for monitoring, recording, documenting, and analyzing receivables and collections
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confer with the Cashier regarding collections for the day, and record these transactions in the Accounts Receivable System.
- Coordinate with the different divisions regarding testing services rendered and gather other pertinent information needed to prepare individual account records for member schools, test users, and other clients.
- Posting of test subscription and payments in the Accounts Receivables System and working paper.
- Prepare and send out Statements of Accounts to member schools and clients.
- Conduct collection and follow-up calls to member schools and clients with pending accounts.
- Coordinate with Collector/Messenger/Coordinators for collections to be made.
- Prepare the following:
- Schedule of regular/additional/graduated Test Operational Expenses Allowance (TOEA) as per contract/agreement;
- Schedule of rebates payable to schools/clients; and
- Check or OR transmittals with the attached acknowledgment receipt.
- Prepare aging schedules for accounts receivables, test users, test volume, and testing revenues from different sources.
- Reconcile accounts receivable ledger against general ledger and makes corresponding adjustments.
- Interface with external auditors and prepares audit requirements.
- Conduct follow-up calls and prepare Authorization for Deduction for non-liquidated cash advances.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Perform reliever assignments and assist in the preparation of other reports of the section when needed
- Graduate of BS Accounting
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Proficient in the use of computer and MS Office Applications (i.e. MS Excel and MS Word)
Strong communication skills and time management skills
Attention to details and mathematical skills
Sound judgment and absolute commitment to confidentiality