Reporting to the Finance Director, the Accounting Section Head is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the Accounting Section. The Head is also responsible for developing financial procedures and directives to ensure acceptable and sound planning and control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Participate in developing an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the company
- Ensure that programs and services of the division meet the expectations of CEM’s clients and stakeholders
- Monitor the delivery of the programs and services of the section to maintain or improve quality
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of projects, as assigned
- Prepare the section’s annual plans, activities, and budgets.
- Develop and recommend for approval and implements administrative policies, systems, and procedures.
- Develop and monitor the execution of a financial program. Monitor, maintain, and review financial records.
- Coordinate with the Technical Working Group in the development of a computerized financial accounting system. Direct the preparation of computer-generated reports and other financial documentation.
- Prepare the section’s budget based on prior budgets and expenditures.
- Present accounting and financial reports to the President and Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for meeting the financial reporting requirements of all government agencies.
- Check payroll-related work, billing statements, bank reconciliation, and remittances to government agencies.
- Coordinate with BIR and external auditor on all audit requirements.
- Determine staffing requirements for efficient program delivery
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures, and practices including the development of job description for all staff
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance. Discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques
- Proper delegation of assignments to key personnel and monitor progress
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the President and ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- Administer the funds according to the approved budget and monitor cash flow
- Evaluate the need for new technology or advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization’s information, data processing, and administrative requirements.
- Identify and evaluate risks to staff, management, clients, property, finances, goodwill, and image. Propose/Implement measures to control risks.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the section.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 5 years of experience as an Accountant or Internal Auditor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of accounting best practices
- Knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to details and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Sound independent judgment
- Ability to learn industry standards
- Skills in writing SOPs and other technical documents
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles
- Demonstrate qualities of leadership, self-motivation and compliance conscientiousness
- Knowledge in risk management, fraud prevention, and internal controls
- Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word Processing
- Database Management
- Email communications
Creativity / Innovation