Test Day Instructions
Knowing in advance what to expect at the Test Site helps you be more confident and comfortable on test day.
What to Bring
Bring the following when you report at the test site:
- PhiLSAT Identification Form
- Notarized Official Certification issued by the School Registrar whether a GRADUATE (with details of bachelor's degree received, year of graduation, granting institution and its address) or a CANDIDATE FOR GRADUATION (with details of the course enrolled in, expected date of graduation, and name of institution and its address)
- Valid School or Government-issued ID (e.g., Driver’s License, Passport, PRC ID, etc.)
- Examination Pass
- Pencils (No. 2 or HB) with/and erasers
- Watch (optional)
- TRANSPARENT PLASTIC ENVELOPE for personal valuables and other allowed items
What to Wear
Dress comfortably and be prepared for varying room temperatures. You may find the testing room colder or warmer than you expected as energy-saving practices vary widely among testing sites.
What to Expect
There are pre-administration and post administration security procedures. This will extend your stay in the testing room for around fifteen (15) minutes after the time limit. Thus, you may be dismissed from the testing room at around 11:15 a.m.
Friends or relatives who accompany you to the test site will NOT be permitted to be in contact with you while you are taking the test.
- Report to the Test Site before 7:00 a.m. Be inside your testing room as early as 7:15 a.m. (Only applicants who are properly registered with the CEM will be admitted at the test site.)
- Attend to your personal needs before the start of the examination. No one will be allowed to go out of the testing room while the examination is ongoing.
- You must answer the whole test in order to receive a score. If you decide to discontinue testing, accomplish a waiver wherein you waive the reporting and release of your PhiLSAT scores. Your answer sheet will not be processed and no official PhiLSAT results will be released.
Rules to Follow
- Cellular phones and other electronic gadget are strictly prohibited.
- You will place all your things in front of the room, except your pencils and eraser.
- You will be assigned a seat and must occupy the same seat in the duration of the test.
- No one is allowed to leave the room earlier than the rest.
- Always put your answer sheet on top of the armchair when taking the test.
- The Watcher will keep the official time.
- Cheating in any form, will automatically invalidate the test result. If you are caught cheating, you will be dismissed from the testing room. Your answer sheet will NOT be processed and the test fee will be totally forfeited. You will be disqualified to take another PhiLSAT.
- If found to be in possession of illegally obtained PhiLSAT booklet, you will likewise be disqualified to take another PhiLSAT.
- Electronic devices including cellular phones, smartphones, tablets, personal digital assistants (PDAs), digital and smart watches, etc.
- Recording or photographic devices (i.e., voice recorders, translators, cameras)
- Listening devices and media players (i.e., iPods, MP3/4 players)
- Calculators of any kind
- Books, dictionaries, printed materials of any kind, blank sheet(s) of paper, etc.
- Bags of any kind (i.e. ladies bag, shoulder bags, attache case, backpacks, etc.)
- Possession or use of prohibited items inside the testing room. These include, among others, books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials; calculators, cellular phones, laptop computers, smart watches, or other similar devices.
- Accepting or receiving anything, including food or drinks, from any person while the examination is in progress
- Loitering, talking, or discussing your answers inside the room or along the corridor while the examination is in progress and during lunch break
- Taking out the testing room test booklets used or pages thereof, copying, and/or divulging or making known the nature or content of any examination question or answer to any individual or entity
- Failing to follow the Watcher’s instructions after being warned
- Destruction of test site property
- Verbally or physically harassing or threatening any PhiLSAT staff
- Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Cheating that is depicted by, but NOT limited to, the following:
a. Looking, glancing or copying from the work of other examinees (with or without permission)
b. Allowing an examinee to look at or copy one’s answers
c. Collaborating with one or more examinees when the requirement is that examinees shall work independently
d. Using prohibited examination reference materials
e. Possessing cheat sheet or any written answers on any body part (palm, hand, arm, thigh, etc.), piece of paper, glued in text/sheets of paper of academic relevance, etc.
f. Exchanging answers verbally or through the use of any electronic device
g. Obtaining test booklet and answer keys beforehand and during the test
h. Working after the time has been called